Saturday, January 1, 2011

Trading Performance for Dec 2010

From my experience, the month of December is usually one of the toughest month to trade since liquidity will drop as traders start to close their books for the year and enjoy the festive season. And in the case of this month's performance, I was in the red when it comes to pip count but in the black in monetary terms with risk management in place.

The pip count for Dec 2010 was -76.5 pips and I would consider this quite a small loss already since trading towards the end of the month was tough and I was persistent in trying out new trading methods.

The success rate for this month dropped to 57%. Then again this is not surprising considering the risk I was taking.


Reflection

Since I am still new to Harmonic Trading, it has been a wonderful experience since I discovered it and studied it intensively. Considering the fact that it was only 3 to 4 months since I started trading with Harmonic Trading Methods and the results achieved with this methodology has been impressive for me since I never had such results with other methods which I have traded with when I first learn how to trade.

Therefore, this is definitely a method to keep and something which I will want to hone my skills to be more proficient with this trading methodology.

To end this note for 2010, I have noticed that Harmonic Patterns are nice patterns to trade with and they are always present when liquidity is there and hard to spot when the market is not moving (which is good since this will prompt us to sit and wait for a good trading opportunity to come). This was the result of my "School of Hard  Knocks" training in Dec 2010 which proved to me this point as I was stubbornly refusing to accept it. And yes! I did suffer in the end and gave most of my profits back to the market as a result. The market is a great place where education in on-going be it the trading aspect or the discipline aspect and it is certainly a place where I have gotten to know myself better and a place where I find myself very much comfortable to be in despite some painful lessons.

Lastly to end, this quote practically serves as a reminder for me each day as I move forward in my life and it has been moving me on until now in this tough but enjoyable yet enriching Forex journey:


"Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable."
– Coco Chanel (1883-1971)


No comments:

Post a Comment